Friday, February 19, 2010

Vixens and Villans

November 2009


I really needed to get my shit together. I was supposed to be at Rene's by two, and I still had a lot to do before I could even consider leaving. The alarm cried out for the fourth time, and I whacked at the snooze button once again. There was no doubt in my mind I needed to get my ass out of bed, but as I laid there - entirely blissed out - I had trouble doing anything other replaying the last twenty-four hours in my head. Edward's mouth on my body, teasing and tempting pleasure from within. His hands exploring every inch of me. My thighs rubbed against each other at the memory of his-- um, very gifted peen filling me . The warm form that curled around me stirred and snuggled in closer. Instantly, I did the same. Just as I was drifting back to sleep I felt a long, languid lick run from my jaw to my temple.


"Ugh! Mr. DARCY! So much for sleeping in and having a lazy morning in bed." I said to the empty room. Then I looked down at the massive creature in my warm bed, "You! You, sir, are not supposed to be in my bed! And I really need to be brushing your teeth more often. Bleck!"


I should have made him get down and into his own bed, but didn't have the heart to drag him out of mine. Besides, I would need to wash those sheets anyways. Might as well let him enjoy them a few minutes longer while I went to the bathroom and pulled on some shorts and a tank. I was, well we were going for a run on the beach as soon as I was ready. Darcy and I, that is. Edward had left hours earlier; he needed to be home when Masen got up. I recalled his early morning goodbyes to me as the sun began to peak up over the horizon.


"I gotta go, baby. Masen will be up in a few hours and I want to be sure I'm home when he is. I need some time to organize my thoughts before he and I have our little chat."


"Let me throw on a robe and I'll walk you down."


"No, stay in bed. I want my last image of you from tonight to be of you naked, ravished in your bed. Geez, your beautiful, Bella." I wondered if he might not change his mind and stay when he crawled back onto my bed and began peppering my mouth with kisses. Each one deepening beyond the last. "Thank you for last night and yesterday."


"No- thank you, Mr. Cullen. That was... wowzers."


"'Wowzers?' What is that, Bella? I'm hoping that's good. No, I'm hoping that's girlie code for 'fuck awesome!'"


I giggled at his grimace, and reached up to smooth the lines from his face. My fingers combed his gorgeous sex-hair back, not really helping to tame it at all.


"It is, sweetie. I promise. Last night was fucking awesome."


"I love it when you swear. Makes me want to crawl back under those covers with you."


"Then what the bloody hell are you fucking waiting for?" A noise rumbled deep in his chest- a mix between a moan and a growl.


"I gotta get home, Bella. But, I really do want to stay."


"I know you do. Hey, the sooner you go the sooner you can get back, right?"


"Sure thing, hon. Listen, about what you told me last night...."


"About Reese."


"Yes, about your sister. I would really like to know more about her when you're ready. I won't push, I just want to know her like you do. When you're ready to talk, I'm ready to listen."


"Thank you, Edward. That means everything to me. We will talk about her. Soon. But now you have to get home so you can talk to your son, as per our agreement."


"Ugh! Fine. Going." He kissed me deeply one final time before vowing to text when he got home and call later.


With that, Edward Cullen left my bed and headed home to his son; prepared to tell him about "us." One more major step was about to be taken. We both had agreed in a moment of post-smexin' bliss that it was time to tell not only his son, but his entire family. He planned to tell Masen this morning and the rest of his coven of crazies this evening. I'd been told to prepare for an official phone call; inviting me to Sunday's Family Brunch with the Cullen's. It seemed like a lot in a really short time, but honestly, we'd been working toward this for months now. It just seemed right.


I'd already told Rene about seeing Edward- back in October. I needed her advice. She may not have always been the image of June Cleaver, but she's a good mom who loves me, and a hell of a "girlfriend". She's been more like one of those than a mom through the years, so whenever I was struggling with something it was easy to go to her for advice and feedback. Not being able to talk to her about everything I was feeling for Edward had been hard, not to mention being able to voice my fears and concerns about work. I finally relented and told her when I received an invitation from Alice to attend some Halloween bash she was hosting. I'd been invited as her friend, not Edward's date, seeing as we were still "in the closet" so to speak. I had serious doubts that I could be in a room with him and pretend that every fiber of my being wasn't drawn to him. So I'd called Rene and rode out to see her and Phil one Sunday. We went for our usual bonding activity: mani/pedis. The two of us rode our bikes to our favorite day spa just up the road from Mom and Phil's place. Manuel took Rene while Mary went to work on my feet. Once we were settled into the massage chairs, and as the basins filled with hot water Rene launched into "girlfriend" mode.


"So? What's his name?" She didn't even look up from the Vanity Fair she was flipping through.


"Who? What's who's name, Mom?"


"The guy. Don't play coy with me, Bella. I know you, and you don't just call up out of the blue for "mother daughter bonding time", unless there's something you want to talk about. Judging from the shit-eating grin and the "I'm in love" glow, I'd have to say there's a man in the picture. So. What's his name?"


"Wow. Um, Edward. His name is Edward. And, yeah, I've got it pretty bad, Mom."


"Okay. Tell me about him." She closed the magazine and laid it to the side; giving me her undivided attention. That in itself was an amazing feat. Add to that the fact that she wasn't firing off questions like a Mexican firing squad and I was on unfamiliar ground with my mother. It was clear she was taking whatever I was about to tell her very seriously. Rene rarely took anything seriously. She usually just shrugged most things off;, she was the queen of downplaying.


I spilled the beans, well, most of them. I explained that he was the father of one of my students and that we had met at a parent/teacher meeting and how we were instantly drawn to one another. I left out the details about the piano almost-smexin'. We talked about how to address the situation with the school, and she calmed my fears about any negative reaction Masen may have to my seeing Edward. She simply stated that all kids want to be loved. "Just love him and he'll respond. He won't be able to help himself." I wondered when my mom had developed so much wisdom. We talked about the upcoming party, and she once again convinced me that I was looking at the situation all wrong. Rather than worry about having to pretend that I wasn't interested, why not take the opportunity to show how interested I really was. Tease him a bit. His family and friends didn't need to know that we were already together. To them it would look like another woman interested in their friend/brother. She encouraged me to relax and enjoy the night, maybe find a way to move the end of the sexbargo up. Yeah, I told her about that, too. Like I said, she was more like a girlfriend than a mom in many respects. I drew the line at details, though. She knew we'd been together, just not the details. Ew.


Rene, in typical girlfriend form, declared that this news needed to be celebrated. She then called the owner of the spa over and whispered something to her. The woman simply nodded very seriously and grinned warmly at me. As soon as my mani/pedi was finished Rene looked at me at declared that my "day of beauty" had one final treatment. She then bent close to my ear and whispered, "You're going to get your first Brazilian, dear! My treat!" Like it was a banana Sunday or some shit! Hell, I'd been bare before, mostly from shaving, but this past year I'd discovered the Magic Cream, and was very happy with its enchanting ability to keep my lady bits smooth. I had never, nor did I ever imagine that one day I would be laying spread eagle in front of a stunningly beautiful woman with long, dark curls and flawless olive skin. She had introduced herself as my esthetician, Eleanor when she led me back to a private room. Her accent was beautiful and being nervous and desperate for distraction I asked her where she was from, she smiled sweetly and said Israel. I babbled on about how I'd always wanted to travel there and made a mental promise to myself to do that someday. She graced me with another glimpse at her beautiful smile when I told her that I had never had my nether regions groomed professionally. She promised to be "gentle" with me. I wondered if the glint in her eye was imagined or real. I was going with imagined. I was not looking forward to this at all. If it hadn't been for the fact that Rene had already paid for it, and that I didn't want to look like a, well, pardon the term, pussy, I would have walked out of there completely satisfied with my do it yourself gardening job.


Needless to say, it was not painless. Nor did I see where there was any "gentle" to the procedure. I mean, come on! How fucking gentle can one be when ripping the hair from a pelvic area? I could have sworn that the exotic beauty smirked when I cried out and gasped from the pain. "It's not so bad, now is it?" If I could have found my voice to tell her just how bad it was she may have slapped some of that wax and tape over my mouth to shut me up. After a few more rips and tugs, I was positive that no man OR woman would be allowed anywhere near my lady parts ever again. In fact, I wondered if I had any lady parts left until she handed me a handheld mirror to inspect her er-- handiwork. Oh, sure, now I totally saw the drawl for thousands of women to have the hair on the most sensitive area of their body torn off. Red, swollen, tender coochies were soooo fucking sexy. Not. I was momentarily grateful for the sexbargo.


~oOo~



The Week Prior to Halloween


Jeebus, I hate this holiday. Why does everyone make such a huge fucking fuss over the dammed thing anyway?


Okay, I could see the draw for kids, free candy buffet and all, but adults? It just seemed like a sad excuse to get drunk, steal candy from miniature monsters, and pathetically veiled attempts at role playing. For cripe's sake people! Go buy your own damn candy and keep the kinky shit in the bedroom, that's what I've always thought. As for getting hammered, did anyone ever need an excuse to that? Really?


Apparently my new bestest friend in the whole wide world was known for throwing an annual Halloween bash. (Note the sarcasm that I'm sure you cannot hear in my inner voice at this exact moment.) I had hoped that the fact that Edward and I were an item was still not yet public knowledge would provide me with a "get out of Hell free" pass. But nope. I was not only invited but expected to attend. Yay for me. I had also been instructed to come sexy or bring my own body bag and toe tag, as those would not be provided, and I'd need one if I showed up dressed as anything less than high class hooker. Well, at least I had two ideas for a costume right of the bat: dead body or hooker. I opted for sexy Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. I actually already had the costume from two years ago and the last time I'd been suckered into attending one of these debacles. I really didn't care what I wore, so I dug the thing out of the back of the closet and resigned myself to fate.


I swore and cursed the little spiky haired imp that had quickly become a fixture in my life. We actually had a lot in common. First was our love all things on two wheels that packed serious horsepower. While I was more of a Hog kinda girl, she was all about the chopper. I guess the fact that she was deeply entrenched in the family biz as a designer fed that obsession. We went for rides along the coast, her on her custom chopper, that she designed herself, of course; and me on my Hog. Then there was our mutual love for high end clothing. No I kid you not. I have a soft spot for a hot assed pair of sexy stilettos, or a beautifully tailored coat. And what woman doesn't love a pair of jeans that makes their ass look like J-Lo's? I'd easily drop a grand for a pair of those bitches. Kidding, maybe not a grand, but a couple hundred dollars for sure. I didn't have nearly the wardrobe that Alice did, but what I had was well made and for the most part classic.


Shopping together was always an adventure. I loved her snarky sense of humor and she had a way of putting all things into perspective. Relatively speaking. She had zero perspective when we were shopping, besides the singular goal of what she had come in search of. Money and time were of little matter when she was on a mission. We were on just such a mission, searching for decorations for her Halloween Bash, that she attempted to drag out of me what I planned to wear. I had vehemently refused to give her any details; fearing that she'd only deem it unacceptable and try to dress me up. I wasn't a fucking Barbie, and I'd be dammed if I was going to go into a party full of drunk, horny, funky dressed adults and not be comfortable. Not to mention that my fuck hot secret boyfriend would be at said party, and I was going to have to spend the night pretending that I had no clue who he was.


We were walking around some Halloween super store that had sprung up for the season searching for life-sized Grim Reaper mannequins she'd seen somewhere before.


Gawd. Have I mentioned that I detest this holiday? 'Cause if I haven't then I really need to say it more often. Ugh!


I followed dutifully along behind the pint-sized pip-squeak as she wove through the massive amounts of creepy inventory. I was distracted by the shelves that were covered in rows of bins, each filled to overflowing with some disgusting something or other that was deemed necessity for this sad excuse for a holiday. Eyeballs, disembodied limbs, realistic feeling entrails-- who needs that? I was purposefully avoiding the section of realistic insects with its multitude of varying species of arachnids when her exasperated huff drew my attention back to my shopping partner. Alice was obviously distressed.


"I can't find them or anything even remotely like what I'm looking for! Some Halloween Super Store this turned out to be! I wonder if Kat would help me make some. She made her boys, you know."


"Alice, if Kat made hers then what made you think you'd find them here?"


"She got the idea after she saw them for sale in some Halloween catalogue. She only made hers 'cause she wanted the challenge and she wanted hers to be a little bigger than the ones she saw."


Alice had Kat on the pone instantly and within minutes the conversation was over and she was grinning from ear to ear. "What's up, Allie? Will she help you?" She continued through the store, weaving in and out of the isles. "Even better! She's going to loan me hers! Yay!" She turned and headed off in search of more guts and gore to festively decorate her parents' obscenely large home. I drove past their home every day on my way to and from work. I was well acquainted with the glimpses I caught of it through the large security gate that sheltered it from the rest of the world. It wasn't alone though. All the homes along "Mansion Row" had the fences and mechanical gates.


While my secret relationship with Edward may not have saved me from having to attending Alice's party, it did get me out of having to help decorate, so that Saturday I spent the day relaxing enjoying the weather and a quiet day. Alone- Edward was still expected to help. I went for a jog on the beach, washed the vehicles, and then came in to get ready for the "party of the century." After my shower, I came down to collect my glass of wine I'd forgotten on the kitchen island, and stopped to sit at my piano when I passed by. Dressed in only my short satin robe, I set my glass carefully on the bench and sat at the keyboard of the beloved instrument. I'd been doing this a lot lately. Just sitting for a few minutes to play around with the notes as they drifted up from the strings. I could picture the tiny hammers plunking down on each string as I pressed the keys. This was a favorite past time of Reese and mine when we were little. Our ancient upright had a panel in the front that could be removed to tune or clean the instrument. We'd beg Daddy to remove it; then one of us would play and the other would balance on the edge of the bench. For hours we sat enraptured as we peered into the opening, watching and memorizing which hammer struck which string as a key was played. We would take turns back and forth, sitting like that until Dad closed up the piano or we were called to dinner. Even now I would stand at the piano in my classroom and gaze down into the baby grand as I played random notes. The hammer would strike the proper string teasing it to hum and vibrate and sing until it met with the hum of another string; causing them to blend together in chords and harmonies.


iI was thinking about her a lot more lately. Some of the memories still hurt, but every time I unpacked a moment that I had safely stashed away, it became a little easier to remember. I could gradually feel the memories being interlaced with the beauty of the music, and the music made it somehow easier to bear. I knew the time I'd been spending with Edward and Masen was changing me; healing me in a way that years of patient therapy and understanding, sympathetic hearts had never been able to. I found moments like these- sitting at the keys of my piano, thinking of "my men" as I'd come to think of them, where I wanted to tell them more about her. In Edward's case, tell him period. And not just the gruesome narrative of her death and the pain I'd lived with all these years, but of her life. I wanted to be able to say, "I remember when Reese would...." and spout off a funny story about the little girl who had been so full of life and love. My heart was healing, little by little. I could almost physically feel it. Still, after nearly twenty years of repressing and hiding emotions it wasn't as simple as just starting to talk. I need a starting point, an "in" if you would. I knew the moment would present itself when I could tell Edward about her. For now I was content to just want to share Reese with them. Something told me the wait wouldn't be too long.


The clock in the foyer chimed.


"For whom the bell tolls...." I thought.


I huffed a sigh, resolved to my fate and headed upstairs with my glass of wine, aka liquid courage, to get ready. Think positively. Renee had called earlier and reminded me of our discussion over our "girls' day" that this could be a great opportunity to have some fun and let loose. Something I hadn't done much of lately. I planned to do just that. Heaven help Edward.


I dressed carefully, starting with my hair and makeup. Normally I didn't wear a lot of makeup, not that I didn't like it, but the effort was wasted on a classroom of nine year old kids. Tonight? Well, tonight my efforts would be fully appreciated. I paid special attention to my eyes and lips; my best features, or so I'd been told. I masterfully applied fake lashes and then blended the smokey grays and silvers to make my eyes sultry and seductive. My hair was curled and carefully sectioned into two low ponytails. I tied lengths of blue and white gingham checked ribbon around each one and into neat bows that matched my costume.


Next I slipped on the baby blue ruffled panties I'd recently bought at Vicki's especially for tonight and the white thigh-high stockings. I loved that they also had the same detail of the blue and white bows on each thigh. Relishing in the feel of the satin, I let the robe slide down my arms, leaving me mostly bare. I hung it on its hook and gazed at my reflection in the mirror. To look at me nothing much had changed. I still looked the same as I always had, but something was definitely different. Edward and Masen had made that difference, and even though it was an internal change, it seemed to radiate outward to the reflection that stood looking back at me. I reached for the red crinoline, stepping into it, taking the time to check from behind that it was just long enough to cover the ruffles of the panties. Barely. Then I strapped on the red heels that I knew I wouldn't be able to fasten once I was laced up in the corset that accompanied the ensemble. Once again I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror, half dressed and topless. I was very pleased with the results. A crazy thought came to me; I quickly grabbed my phone before I lost my nerve and changed my mind. I turned my back to the mirror and bent over just enough for the ruffles on the panties to show as well as the arc of my bare back. I looked back at myself and snapped the shot. When I checked the picture it was just what I had hoped it would be: mostly an ass shot, my feet crossed at the ankles, and me smirking devilishly at the camera. Although you couldn't see the "girls", I was obviously topless, and I knew this image would be perfect to send to Edward as a reminder of the night's festivities. I chuckled a tad maniacally and finished getting ready. The night was definitely looking more and more like a night to remember and less like a night to be dreaded.

~oOo~



I walked through the gates of the Cullen Mansion, the place would have been creepy in the daylight with all this shit everywhere, but add to the fact that it was pitch black, save for the sliver of a moon, and I was having serious creeper vibes. I was obviously on edge because I screamed and jumped back when I heard, "Hey, there, Lill' Bo Peep," grumbled in the dark beside the front door. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust to the even darker shadows the voice had come from. Thankfully he, whoever the hell "he" was, chose to step out from where he was veiled. It was one of the largest men I had ever seen, and he was rather lacking in clothing. From what I could tell he had on a pair of cut-off jeans and nothing else. Well, except for a pair of wolf ears and a ridiculous furry tail that was somehow attached to his ass. And muscles. Rolling hills of muscles stretched over his very overly built form. "I'd ask where you're sheep are, but I probably ate them all already. You wanna be next?"


Ew. My instincts and my smart mouth kick in at the same time and I took a step back as he took one towards me.


"It's Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, asstard, and you had best tuck your tail back between your legs before I rip it off."


"Ooooh, a feisty one. Okay, missy. No need to get physical, I was just playing the role of the Big Bad Wolf, that's all. What's your name, Dorothy?"


"My momma taught me to never talk to strangers, so I'm afraid I can't give you that information. Dorothy's all you're gonna get outta me. Are those.... jorts you're wearing?"


"Huh? What-- uh, well, my wife kinda picked out our costumes. I just wore what she told me to." His admission was much quieter and held much less bravado than his initial attempt to hold a conversation. He almost sounded human.


Just then another figure stepped in the doorway, but had come from within the home.


"There you are, Jakey! I've been looking for you everywhere! What are you doing out here alone in the dark? Looking for prey?" She voice was melodic and kindhearted, not in any way threatening. She was backlit by what little light streamed from inside the door. Dressed in a sexy Little Red Riding Hood outfit, it would be quite obvious that these two were together, even if a room separated them.


"Oh, hey baby, I was just talking to, uh, Dorothy here. She just got here and looked a little lost. I was about to point her in Alice's direction."


"I have a feeling from the look on her face that you were harassing our guest of honor, Jakey. Alice wouldn't like it if she thought you'd given her Bella a hard time. I am right, aren't I? You're Bella Swan?"


I had no clue how this stunning woman knew who I was, but I found myself confirming her suspicions.


"I figured you must be. You were one of the only people here I didn't recognize and I never forget a face. I'm Kat. Kat Black, and this is my hunk of a hubby, Jacob. It's nice to finally meet you Bella!"


They both shook my hand and Kat led me in the house, Jake following closely behind. Kat commented on my basket with the little stuffed Toto dog. It was also conveniently holding my iPhone, Mace, and touch up lipstick. Hers had a red and white gingham napkin hanging from the rim.


"Your costume is adorable, Bella! Where did you find it?"


"Well, it's something I actually already had."


"Well, it's perfect, and funny enough, there's a lion here, already!" Her laugh was warm and sincere.


About that time I heard a squeal of delight that I would recognize anywhere, followed by the nickname Alice had started calling me by. She was ideally dressed as a sexy lady bug;, compete with gauzy wings and bouncing, fuzzy antennae. It might have even been a cute costume if not for the pleather bustier/corset top and red thigh-highs with lady bug spots on them. This was not a costume one used "cute" to describe. "BB! You're finally here! I've been waiting forever for you to get here! Oh, my! Look at you, you little vixen! What are you wearing?" She pulled me into a tight hug and whispered into my ear, "Oh, shit, Bella, you have no idea how perfect your costume is! Just wait!" When she let me go she looped an arm through one of mine and Kat did the same to the arm clutching the basket. They led me through the crowded home, crammed both with real, breathing bodies and fake, dead ones, too. As I scanned the darkened rooms we passed through I wasn't sure which ones creeped me out more.


The girls paused in front of a large staircase. Sitting a few steps up was a grown ass man in blue tights, red Calvin Klein's, and a too tight long sleeved shirt with a hand painted Super Man logo painted across his chest. The whole ensemble was complete with a flowing red cape and worn tennis shoes. He looked like a giant kid. A giant kid on steroids! Hell, I'd thought Kat's husband Jake was big! This guy was huge! And he was still sitting down!


"Well, well, well, who do we have here? Little Debbie? What kinda goodies do you have for us in your basket, huh?" His smug smirk pissed me off right away, but I knew how to handle pricks like him. You know the type, the ones who think they are God's gift to all human kind. I gave it as good as he did.


"I can assure you, Captain Douche Bag, that there's not a single goodie in my basket for you. But judging from the looks of what you've got tucked away there in your little banana hammock, I'd say you had a Swiss Cake Roll stuffed down there. And things seem to be going a little soft and mushy. That's gotta be uncomfortable."

"Why don't you come on over here and have a seat in my lap and find out exactly what I've got stuffed in here. I think you might be surprised by how unmushy it is." He patted his lap welcomingly and seemed so proud of himself. I couldn't decide if he was special ed or drunk. Maybe both?


"Unmushy? Really? Did you think of that one all by yourself, big guy?"


"Yeah, I did, and I have a Master's degree!"


"Pffft! In what, making an ass of yourself?"


Alice stepped in just then, "Okay you two, that's enough, Emmett. Back off my girl, Bella. She's may look soft, but she's got razor sharp teeth and I have it on good authority that she can skewer a testicle with a Jimmy Choo faster than you can say 'meat on a stick'! Bella Swan, this is my asshole of a brother, Emmett. Emmett, this is Bella Swan, my dear friend and Masen's teacher/piano tutor." Emmett, aka the new bane of my existence, got this look in his eye that scared me a little, not because I was scared of him, but because I was scared of what he knew. He just had that "cat just ate the canary" look.


"Ahhhhh! So this is the woman who has stolen the heart of the Cullen heir. I can see why, she's delicious, and she's the heiress to the Little Debbie billions! Any nine year old would love her!" I breathed a little easier when he mentioned nine year old. For a second I thought he meant Edward.


"I already told you, Wonder Bread, I'm Dorothy. If that's too much for your pea brain to manage just call me Bella. Or, you know, don't talk to me at all. It's all the same to me. I think I might prefer the latter, actually." Okay, I may have been a little tough on the guy, meeting him for the first time and all, but I liked him! I could really enjoy some quality smack talk with this one!


Emmett stood then, unfolding his massive form. I leaned back out of respect for the sheer mass that stood before me. He matched my movement, and without having to make a step, he caught me up in his gargantuan gorilla like arms and crushed me to him. The breath was knocked from my chest, both from the surprise of the gesture and the force of it.


"Ahhhh, Bellerina! I really hope you stick around! I have a feeling things could get interesting with you in the mix. Welcome to the fold! Any friend of the Troll's is a friend of us all!"


I heard a throat clear over Emmett's shoulder. He released me from his vise grip and moved to look up the stairs behind him. She was stunning, and deadly, at least that's the vibe I got from the creature lilting down towards us. The love and admiration in Emmett's voice was evident when he spoke, "Ahhh, my Queen!"


The Queen of Hearts. Her blonde hair plied high on her head and encased in a crown. Her costume was every inch appropriate for her. A take on Alice in Wonderland's Queen of Hearts, she wore a gown that was a study in contradiction. Regal, yet sexy. Short in the front, but it transitioned to a long flowing train in the back. The bodice was a black bustier trimmed in white ruffles and punctuated by three vertical blood red hearts. The white collar that stood at attention at the nape of her neck looked sharp enough to slice a jugular. As did the glare she was aiming directly at-- me? Bitch. What had I done to her? Then I realized that while I may no longer be crushed in Emmett's embrace, his hand was still perched across my shoulders in an obviously affectionate gesture.


Maybe that's why, Bella. Her man has his arm around you!


I shrugged off Emmett's tree trunk of an appendage and he went straight to her. After a passionate display of lips smacking and obvious territory marking on both their parts, Emmett guided his queen down to where we stood. I had been so engrossed in the woman in front of me that I hadn't realized that we'd been joined by another costumed form. I did a double take at the bright blue and yellow costume-- complete with face mask, but Emmett's booming voice drew me back to them.


"Bella Swan, this is the queen of my heart, Rosalie Cullen, my wife. Rosie, this is RainbowSprite's bestie, Bella. She's also Masen's teach, baby. Small world, huh?"


Rose didn't seem impressed or relieved. But she did smile and extend her hand. "Oh. Bella! Alice has told us about you. In fact, she speaks quite highly of you. It's nice to finally meet you. I hope you enjoy the party and that we get a chance to talk before the night's over!" She turned to her husband and grinned, "You ready to greet the guests, Super Man?"


"Hell, yeah! Let's get this party started!"


With that they started to move on. As they brushed past us Emmett leaned down and whispered, "Hey, I hear the Cowardly Lion's around here. Maybe you could use some of the goodies in your basket and make him roar."


"Thanks for the tip, Stupor Man, maybe I will. You'll hear him if I do, believe me you will." I had no idea who this lion was, but he'd apparently made an impression on everyone.


Rose hauled off and punched him in the chest. "Ow, Rosie! What was that for?"


"Shut it, doofus. She wouldn't touch that 'pussy' with a ten foot poll. Don't listen to him, Bella, he's an ass sometimes. Nice costume, by the way. It suits you."


"Thanks, Rosalie. Yours is-wow, perfect. I'm sure we'll get a chance to talk. If not tonight then sometime." I smiled warmly at her, hoping to use some of my dazzling people skills on her, but she was already gone. Emmett in tow.


Alice bouncing next to me forced me to tear my gaze from the swaying train of Rose's gown to the now quartet next to me. Still feeling feisty from my encounter with the Come Back Kid, I looked at the bizarre costume that stood before me. It was then that I recognized the strong jaw line. Jasper.


"Who the hell are you supposed to be, Jazz? That mask is kinda creeping me out."


He looked physically wounded. As did Jake for some odd reason. His hand came up to cover his bare chest over his heart, "You don't know who Wolverine is?"


"Don't be ridiculous, of course I do. I'm just more familiar with the hunky Hugh Jackman version, that's all. What's with the yellow and blue? How many Crayola crayons had to die for that get up?"


"You just don't appreciate classic comic literature, Bells. You need to respect the old school comics. I am so gonna show you the ropes. Wait until you see my collection of mint condition, never been touched by human hands, first edition Batman comics!"


"Whoa, there, Wolfie, your geek is hanging out! Wait, I guess in that getup you proudly flying that geek flag, tonight, aren't you?"


"Well, that's some costume you've got on yourself, B! I can think of a few guys who'd love to get lost in those ruffles.... At least I'm not the one flaunting all my goodies for the boys!"


"I wouldn't be so quick to say that, Jazz. You are the one in the brightly colored unitard." I guess he'd had enough playful banter, because he turned and walked off without another word. "Oh, come on! I'm only kidding, Jazzy! Don't walk away mad! I hate to see you go, but I sure love to watch you leave!" And I let out a shrill wolf whistle. He flipped me off with a middle razor, and then just before he left the room, he looked back over his shoulder and winked at me and yelled across the room, "I hear there's a king of the jungle around here somewhere. Maybe he can help you find the Wizard." And with that he was gone. Confused, I looked at Alice and asked, "Who's this lion, and why does everyone think I should find it?" She just shrugged and said something about how we had coordinating costumes, maybe that's why?


Kat and Jake went off in search of the Vampire Bites, Alice's signature mixed drink, while Allie showed me the house and all the work she and the family had been doing. I admired all the effort, but it still seemed like a hell of a lot of work for one party. Now Christmas? That was a holiday I could get behind! I decorated like a mofo for that holiday! I loved it. It was my favorite. And Halloween was the anti-holiday. Okay, if I had to honest I'd say that I hate Halloween because it's too dark. I don't like the glamorization of death and darkness. But above all else, it reminded me of Reese. She never liked it either. She was young, and she would get so scared. She'd sleep with me for the week before and after Halloween. Only returning to her bed- all of two feet from mine- when I promised she could come back if she had a bad dream. I guess that always stayed with me, she affected a lot of decisions and choices in my lifetime. My opinions about this dismal non-holiday were no exception.


Alice left me alone for a minute saying that I should try find Edward, but refusing to tell me what he was dressed as. Said it would be more fun that way. The troll. So I set off wandering around Death's wonderland. I saw the Grim Reapers we had quite literally searched all over Hell and back for. Kat had done an amazing job, they looked crazy realistic. They lit up and everything. Somehow I found myself outside in the back yard in my aimless wanderings.


It was a beautiful night. The sky was perfect, tough not at all clear. The little crescent of a moon lit the sky just enough that you could see the clouds that feathered the night. The distant stars resembled pinpricks in a tapestry. The Cullen's home was right on the water, sitting up on the dunes, it watched over the waves as they swelled and licked the shore, only to retreat into the abyss they came from. I loved the ocean. I loved that it felt as if the sea was almost breathing when it sucked in a wave only to expel it back out again. This is where I came when I had a hard time breathing. Even in Forks. I'd escape to First Beach to stand on the cold shores and breathe in the sea mist in time to the breathing of the waves. I stood there in the Cullen's' yard for who knows how long- just breathing. It dawned on me that I was probably being rude and avoiding the party, so I made my way back to the throngs of guests and thumping music.


I decided to seek out the much acclaimed Vampire Bites, and started my search, hoping to run into someone I knew along the way. I must have made a wrong turn somewhere, because I ended up in the laundry room. I turned to leave and ran head long into a plush fuzzy form. Before me stood the most ridiculous costume I had ever laid eyes on- and I'd seen a grown ass man in tights and Clavin's not to mention one in a unitard. The mascot-like costume was complete with the biggest head I had ever seen.


This has been one hell of a night. I've apparently just found the the lion everyone keeps telling me about. Who the fuck would wear that hideous thing?


It had to be a man in there. No woman would be caught dead in something like that. At least I hoped not. The silence was awkward and uncomfortable. I excused myself and tried to step around him, er-- it. But it matched my step. We did the side-step-dance complete with nervous laughter. I finally managed to squeeze past it, when I had a realization that it was indeed the King of the jungle. Because this creep had an erection to rival an elephant, and he had pressed it against me! Ew! A muffled moan escaped from inside his plush lion's mask. Just as I was about to knee the perv in his plushy crotch and see if his family jewels were stuffed or real, I heard another grumble deep within the mask.


"Bella..."


I knew that voice. Intimately. This was Edward. I had no doubt. I decided to test my theory a little. Besides, I was 99.9% positive this was the man I loved. I had yet to see him that night, and no wonder considering this monstrosity. I wondered, for a second, how the hell whoever talked him into wearing it did so.


"Yeah. Do I know you? I can't tell with all that fur and the giant lion bobble head."


The beast just nodded. Then it really did look like a bobble head. This was a little weird, even for me. I wasn't about to fondle and grope a cartoon character unless I was fucking sure it was Edward in there and not some perv. My luck- it would be Spewton! I fought back my reflex to gag at the thought of that scum.


"Is that you, Edward? And if it is, you're gonna have to give me more confirmation that it is than a head bobble. I don't go dealing out my goodies to just any goober dressed like a collegiate mascot!"


His familiar, albeit distorted voice came back at me, "Yeah, Bella, its Edward."


"Okay, then prove it to me. Tell me something only Edward would know."


His giant furry paws wrapped around my waist and lifted me to sit on the washer behind me, then he lifted the mask just enough that I could hear him a little clearer. He uttered two words: "Sky Dancer." My vibe. The name I had for my vibrator, or buzz buzz as he'd referred to it a few times. But he'd never called it by its actual name. Yeah, this was definitely Edward. He pushed up the mask to rest on the top of his head like a giant hat. I melted the moment I saw his eyes. Those green emeralds staring down at me made my insides turn to goo. His gaze was far from gentle, though. I knew that look. I loved that look. It had been a long time since I'd seen it this intense, though.


"Bella, you're killing me in this outfit! What the fuck were you thinking! I didn't even know you were coming tonight!"


"What? Alice didn't tell you that she'd invited me? She practically commanded me to attend! I can't believe that she didn't tell you that I'd be here! She set us up! She is such a little-- TROLL!"


"Bella. Are you telling me that you knew that I'd be here tonight?"


"Of course I did, hon. She's your sister;, this is your parent's home... why wouldn't you be here?"


"And you dressed like this?"



"Well, yeah. Is that a bad thing, baby? I thought you liked the way I look." I purposefully bit my bottom lip, knowing what it did to him.


"Ughh.... Bella, that was very- mean. You are a fucking meany. Now what the hell am I supposed to do with these?" He held up his furry mittened hands. I took them in my own palms and pressed them firmly to my breasts.


"I don't know.... Paw me?"


The paws were off in a flash and hands back where I had placed them. I moaned loudly at the sensation of his warm hands cupping me through the thin cotton of my top.


"Uh, Edward. I've missed this. More. Please?"


"Fuck, Bella, you aren't wearing a bra!"


He drew hand up along the top and fingered the ruffle at the top. A single finger dipped down inside the material. I sucked in a hiss when I felt his skin make contact with my own. I wanted to tell him I didn't need one with a corset, but couldn't form the words at the moment.


"More?" Was his only question. His eyes never left mine.


"Please, more." I was begging, and I didn't care. It seemed like forever since that stupid sexbargo had started, and if he was willing to have a lapse in judgment, then who the hell was I to stop him. Well, obviously no one. I wanted to tease him. Feel him, but he was swimming in yards of tacky yellow fake fur. I settled for removing the ridiculous head and chucked it unceremoniously to the floor. My hands combed through his hair, slightly damp from being in the mask.


"That's not sweat;, I took a shower right before the party, thinking it would help keep me cool. I'm not gross. I swear."


"I couldn't care less, get over here." I pulled him closer, and as our mouths met, his grip on me firmed, teasing the peaks to tighten and respond to his touch. I couldn't help the cry that escaped. I scooted closer to him and the edge of the washer. My legs wrapped around him without me even thinking about what I was doing. I just wanted to be as close to him as I could get. Our hips met, aligning perfectly. It was his turn to groan, followed by a hiss as I moved against him to create the friction my body was craving. His hands grasped my ass, stilling my movements. He panted into my kisses, "Bella.... What do you think you're doing?"


"Making out with my boyfriend. What's it look like to you?"


"It looks like you're about to start something you can't finish."


"Says who? Just kiss me, Edward. Do be such a cowardly lion."


He kissed me hard. Pulling my hips closer to his, grinding against me as he did.


I was frustrated. The only part of his flesh that was exposed were his hands, head and neck. I desperately wanted to feel all of him, but settled for the bits of flesh I could feel. I licked and kissed every inch of his neck as his hands explored my legs, feeling the silk of the stockings beneath his fingertips, taking time to finger the bows perched at my thighs. His hands moved back to my hips as we writhed and panted against each other. His hands registered what he was feeling before his mind did. I knew it the second his brain caught up with his hands. His grip tightened on my ass and he moaned, "Ruffles, Bella? You have ruffles on your ass?"


"Uh, huh. They're blue." He crushed me to him, his arms encircling me fully. His face buried in the curls at my neck.


"Damn, Bella! You are trying to kill me, aren't you?" I wrapped my arms around his head and shoulders, our passion turned to tenderness.


"No, baby, I'm not trying to kill you. I need you."


He pulled pack just enough to look at me. "I need you, too."


"Then show me." I pressed my mouth to his again, teasing him with my tongue, trying to get back to where we were. I knew he was on the same page when he groaned and leaned his head back for me to reach his neck better. Once again his hands were cupping my breasts, and he deftly pulled the top down to expose the tender flesh. I gasped as the cool air stung. His hand moved to cover and warm. I guided his mouth to where his hand laid, and he willingly obliged. The feel of his lips and tongue as they glided over the swell of my breast had me panting again, so much so that I didn't hear when we had gained aan audience. We both jumped when we heard the sound of a throat clear. Edward's hand moved to shield my bare skin, and then he pulled me to his chest protectively. The light from the hall was nearly blocked by the form in the doorway. I couldn't recognize who it was from the costume that was a blur of grays in the silhouette.


"Well, well, well.... What have we here? Don't stop on my account." The voice was maniacal, and not at all friendly.


"What the fuck do you want, J. There's nothing to see here."


"I beg to differ. I think there's plenty to see, but I know when I'm not wanted. Some people these days still think three's a crowd, though I don't see their point at all. What do you two think?"


"I think you need to take you pervert self and get the fuck out like Edward told you to."


"Ahhh, a feisty one, huh? Well, Dorothy, just remember if he gets to be too predictable for you, just click your heels together three times and say 'There's no place like home!' Then come find a real man." I could feel Edward's heart racing in his chest. He was fuming.


"Like you have any clue what it takes to make a real man, you jackass! You have exactly three seconds to back the fuck off and get off the premises before I call the cops. You know damn well you aren't welcome here. Three...," James made no attempt to move, pissing Edward off even more. "You had BEST start backtracking, dumb fuck, or do you need help? I'm sure my brothers would love the chance to escort your sorry sack of shit out of here! TWO...!"


The faceless form turned and stalked away. Looking back over his shoulder one last time before he slipped out of sight. Edward mumbled something angrily under his breath as he straightened my top, covering me, and then pressed a sweet kiss to my forehead. He took a deep breath and asked, "You okay, hon? That guy's a scary bastard. Always has been."


"Who is he? I didn't recognize him."


"That's James. James Huntington. He's a pecker head. Just try to forget about him, we all try to."


Edward helped me down off the washer and started smoothing my costume. He pulled me into a protective hug before helped me sneak into the closest bathroom to fix my rumpled hair and check my makeup. I tried to ask him why James would even be at the party if they all felt so strongly about him. Edward just shrugged and figured he'd crashed it. He once again asked that I try to forget about him. Then he asked that I stay kinda close to him for the rest of the night. I agreed, but I didn't fully understand.


The rest of the night passed without much other drama. Well, Emmett did get his head stuck in an empty shadow box frame. He was wearing it on his head like a crown, declaring himself Rose's king of hearts. The box somehow slipped down around his neck and he couldn't get it off again. The guys ended up getting some bolt cutters and cutting it off of him. It was hilarious, and took the edge off from earlier. We never saw James anymore that night, but Edward insisted on walking me to my car and then following me home. He walked me all the way in the house, and for a minute I thought the sexbargo would meet its untimely demise. But no. Edward was a gentleman. He did stay the night as he often did, but nothing more passed between us other than sweet nothings and a few passionate kisses. I drifted off to sleep reminding myself that I needed to text that picture to Edward the next day. The grin on my face a reflection of the happiness that was all due to the man I was snuggled against. I'd met his family, well- most of them, and survived. They didn't have any clue who I was, but I had survived, and I had a feeling that this Ride was about to get even wilder.




~oOo~

~Forever, Liz




No comments: