Friday, February 19, 2010

Aliases and Alliances


~oOo~




Two weeks. Two long weeks.



It’s not like I couldn’t go without sex. Hell, I could rub one out like no one’s business, but what I really wanted was Bella. I understood and agreed with Bella’s argument that we needed to get to know each other. I felt the same way, but it didn’t change the fact that each and every time I was near her I was sporting major wood. That woman had a hold over me like no other.



I had settled for showing her how I felt in other, less sexual ways. We’d met several times in the past few weeks. We would sneak off together at every possible chance. Sometimes we would grab dinner, other times we would go to Freebird’s to hear a local band play, but mostly we’d hang out at her house and just spend time alone. When we weren’t squeezing in time together, then we were texting or emailing. I’d even signed up for a Twitter account because she loved the damned social network thing. My username was RideItHard and Bella’s was SwanSong87. I loved tweeting her suggestive messages and then watching her “tweeps”, as she called them, go ape shit asking who the perv was sending her dirty messages through Twitter. I loved it even more when she would reply with an equally dirty message. Her friends had seen the messages too, and were desperately trying to figure out who Bella's mystery man was. Either that or they were hitting on me! AD76, megsly07, Dizzygrl28, lee723, and the curvaceous Bqotfu were all following me, and it was rare that I didn't get a tweet from one or all of them each day.



It amazed me how I reacted to her, that my skin still tingled at her chaste touch, or that my heart would slam against my ribcage when I saw her. She could drive me crazy simply by looking at me a certain way. I'd sent her flowers twice. The first time I sent them to the school, only to get a text message that profusely thanked me for the beautiful gesture in one line, and in the next, threatened to endanger my ability to procreate in the future. I’ll admit that it probably wasn’t the best fucking idea I ever had, but at least I’d had the common sense to not sign it from me. I had the florist sign the card, “A bloom for each time I think about you in a day. ~The Peen.” I couldn’t be too big of a sap. Someday, when Emmett and Jasper found about us, and they would find out, I didn’t want to be providing them with any more fodder than abso-fucking-lutely necessary. Those two asstards could be ruthless. The second arrangement had been sent to her home, but I played it safe and signed that one from “The Peen” as well. Those flowers received a much warmer reception; that night I had been rewarded with a pic of Bella with one of the flowers tucked behind her ear. She was beautiful.



As difficult it was for me to keep my hands off Bella, the sexbargo was definitely doing what it was designed to do. We talked about everything. Masen was a topic that came up often in our discussions. Bella wanted to know what he was like when he was younger; she asked when I had first noticed he had a special talent, and what it was like raising a child like Masen. We talked about our families. I warned her about my crazy- as- fuck family, and she filled me in on hers. Old relationships of fuck-ups past were discussed, and I even talked to her about Jessica. A little. I thought it was too soon to be discussing the biggest mistake I’d made in my lifetime. I wanted to find reasons for this woman to stick around, not run her off. More than once I’d fallen asleep in Bella’s bed after we'd talked for hours, her tucked beneath my arm. It was a constant battle between “Woody” and “Goody”, the two personalities that had become most dominate in my character. Woody was the horny fucker who would threaten to force Goody to do bad, bad things to Ms. Bella Swan. Goody was the caring, supportive boyfriend who did everything in his power to hold Woody at, um- arm’s length from Bella’s lady bits. Goody usually won, but there were the moments when Woody would overpower the forces of good, and then hands would start cupping and groping, lips would be roaming, and hips would begin rubbing.



It was just such a night last night as Bella and I lay wrapped up in her fluffy comforter. We were talking about when we might want to tell our families about us seeing each other. I had the feeling it might need to be sooner than later, because of what Rose and Em had seen in the parking garage a few weeks back. Em had been ribbing me non-stop since he’d caught a glimpse of me pressing Bella back against her Porsche on Tuesday.



“So, who’s the hot bitch, mister “Imma Going Camping?”



“Don’t call her that; and what the hell are you talking about camping for?”



“Ooooh. Sorry, man! I had no idea you were so sensitive about a woman we, your family, didn’t even know you were seeing, much less banging. And before you deny it, the tent you’re pitching in those pants is a clear sign that you're either doing her or dying to. So, spill it!” I glanced nervously around the shop, worried that someone may have overheard the ass that stood before me.



Fuck, had no one taught this guy how to use his "inside voice"?



I answered him in hushed tones, hoping he'd take the hint and lower his own booming voice.



“I’m not ‘banging’ anyone, Em, and I’d rather not discuss the situation right now. I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t mention any of this around Masen. I’m not ready to bring him into this yet.”



Well, it was true; I wasn’t banging Bella at the moment. And I wouldn't tell Emmett even if I was. Not to mention that the second I told my drain bramaged brother that I was seeing his nephew’s teacher he’d be down at that school, scoping her out before the bell rang at the start of school. Nosy son of a....


“I’m warning you, brother. You either tell me, or I find out on my own, and you know what happens when I have to work for my information.”



“Yeah, Em, you become a pissy bitch."



"That's right, I do. So.... ?"



"So, what, Emmett? I'm so not going to divulge any information, so just build a fucking bridge and get over it."



"I swear, Eddie boy, you've been acting so bizarre lately. Like, really bizarre. Were you abducted by aliens, or something?"


"Do not call me 'Eddie', Emmie! You're an asshat, and I have not been acting any differently. What is this shit about an alien abduction? You've been watching the Sy-Fy channel again, haven't you? You know that shit's not real, right? I swear, you must be adopted. You are the bizarre one!"



My big oaf of a brother whacked the back of my head with his oversized gargantuan hand. Not gonna lie, that shit hurt, but I'd be damned if I'd let him know that.



"Shut it, little bro. You've already admitted to me that you and Little Miss Fuck Hot are knocking boots, just by your reaction earlier. Why don't you just take off your mangina and tell your big bro all about the pretty thang you had shoved up against that orgasmic piece of machinery?"



"Fuck off, Emmett. I'm not telling you anything, and the more you push, the more I'm gonna want to kick the shit out of you. No means no, buddy. Didn't Dad have that talk with you when you started having warm, tingly feelings 'down there'?" I gestured to his nether regions with a nod of my head.



It took Alice's voice lilting over the PA system to enact a truce between the two of us.



"Would the panty wearing pussies who are currently fighting over whose dick is bigger, cut it the fuck out? Just whip 'em out already and see whose is bigger instead of subjecting the rest us to your dicksaber battle? Then get back to work, and get some shit done today! Thank you!"



Jasper's laughter could be heard all the way across the garage. He couldn't help but throw his two cents in.



"You know he's gonna find out, Edward. He's a sneaky little 'asshat'. He'll go to any lengths to get the inside scoop. He's like Perez Hilton, on steroids!"



The garage was filled with Jasper's laugh, once again; this time it was joined by a choir of other booming laughs from around the garage.



Emmett was called "Perez" for the rest of the week. It was a fuckawesome week.



Since we’d had that conversation, Emmett had tried to trick me into spilling the beans about Bella every chance he got. It was annoying as hell, but I was onto his scheme. I was very careful as to which details I let slip around him and the others. It's not easy to have a secret rendezvous when you have a nine year old son. It was obvious to me, fairly quickly, that I needed someone in my corner that would help. The first person who came to mind was my sister, Alice.



She was the baby of the family, though only by a few minutes. We were twins, and never were there two very different twins. I was quiet, mostly- I reserved my redonkulous antics for my family; while Alice was hyper, obnoxious, and very opinionated. At six feet, two inches I was a fairly tall guy. Alice on the other hand- she was a tiny troll. A mere four feet, eleven inches, she was barely taller than my son. She really wasn't a troll. Hell, we shared a womb for nine plus months. It's pretty safe to say that if one of us were a short, bitchy, bridge dwelling fictional character the other would know it, or probably be one as well. I just loved calling her one because it was a quick way to piss her off. Once, I had even given her one of those troll kewpie dolls with the crazy hair and naked ass. She was not amused.



Regardless of who gave whom a hard time, we were two sides of the same coin. At least that's what Mom had always said. As a whole, Alice, Emmett and I were all very close. Hell, we all lived in the same damn condo complex, worked together, and spent the majority of our free time together. That being said, Alice and I had a bond, I guess all twins do, really, and we never were ones to fight. Emmett and I would beat the shit out of each other when we were kids, just for shits and giggles. But Alice and I were always each other's biggest champions. We were always straight with each other. It was Alice who convinced the family to tell me how they felt about Jessica when we were first dating and getting serious; although I didn't listen. It was Alice who convinced me that, as much as I loved Jess, there was no way I could force her to love Masen and I back. It was Alice who understood when I mourned my failed marriage. And it was Alice who had been badgering me for longer than I could fucking remember to get back into a serious relationship.



"Edward, you're not the 'confirmed bachelor' type. You need the love of a good woman in yours and Masen's life. Stop whoring around and find someone who can take care of you both."



"I think Masen and I do a pretty fucking fantastic job of taking care of each other, Alice. Why would we need a woman to do that?"



"You know what I mean, asshole. Masen needs a mother figure. Sure- Mom, Rose, and I all mother him, but he needs someone to sing him to sleep, make him cookies, and kiss his boo-boos."



"You guys do all of that for him, and I used to sing him to sleep. Then he 'grew out of it.'"



"It's not the same thing, and you know it. He needs a mom, so grow some balls and find one.



I knew that I needed to bring Alice into the loop. She would be in my corner, as always. She'd help me keep this thing with Bella secret a little longer so we could have more time to figure things out before my crazy ass family bulldozed their way into the middle of it. She could help with keeping Masen occupied when Bella and I were trying to squeeze in time together. Best of all, she could help keep Emmett off my ass. He was a nosey fucker, considering he had the wrong damn plumbing. You'd think he had a uterus as much as he was all up in other people's business! So I went to the one person I knew could and would help. Alice.



A week into seeing Bella I'd sent Alice a text. I didn't want anyone overhearing our conversation. I couldn't decide if I felt more like James Bond or a horny ass teenager sneaking around behind everyone's back.



I need to talk with you in *private*. Meet me at Starbucks at 3PM. Thanks. ~E



I received the shortest text ever in response, "K." I was shocked, but I knew that she would keep her trap shut and be there.

She was sitting at a back table with two large cups of coffee in front of her, as well as a rather large piece of the most delicious looking carrot cake I had ever fucking seen. I sat down and took the lid off my cup. Men don't drink from sippy cups, and that's exactly what that shit looked like. A sippy cup. The scent of pumpkin spice drifted up as I breathed in the steam. I would have never ordered this for myself, but it was just what I needed.



"How the hell do you always know exactly what I want from here?"



"I don't know what you're talking about, Twinsie."



"Please don't fucking call me that in public, and yes, you do know what I'm talking about. Every time, without fail, you pick out the perfect cup of coffee. It's not like I get the same thing every time like Jasper or Rose. Yet, every time I ask you to get me some SB crack, you bring me back exactly what I'd been craving. Sometimes, I don't even know that I'm craving it! It's like you have a sixth sense."



"You're strange, Edward. Do you know that?"



"So I've been told. But, seriously, Alice, how did you know that I'd been thinking about carrot cake all day?"



"I didn't, Edward. The cake's for me. Touch it and you'll draw back a nub."



She eyed me with the look of a Samurai warrior. It was hard not to laugh at her.



"Oh, please! Like you could stop me! Besides, you cannot finish that entire piece of cake yourself."



"Watch me, nimrod, and I swear if you touch it.... bloody stump. Try. Me."



"Whoa! Must be 'that time,' huh? Fine. Eat your giant piece of fucking delicious cake, or should I just stick it to your ass? That's where it's going to end up anyway."



It must have really been that time of the month, 'cause Alice shot me a look that almost killed me it so was lethal, and then she took a huge bite of her cake.



"Talk or I'm leaving. I have better shit to do than sit here with you, Pumpkin Spice."



"Okay, okay! For the love of all that is sweet and yummy, I'll get my own damn piece of cake, and then we'll talk, ok?"



"Whatever."



When I sat down with my equally enormous slice of heaven, Alice cut to the chase.



"So, why the secret meeting, Bond?"



"Well, there's something I wanted to talk to you about, but I don't want the rest of the family to know. Yet."



"Really? What's the big deal? Hmmm.... Eddie has a secret; I wonder what it could be.... SHIT! You aren't doing Jessica again, are you? You'd better say no, and say it fast, mister, or that scalding coffee is going all over your lap. I'll make it so you can never stuff that sausage anywhere ever again."



She moved to reach for my cup, but I snatched it out of her reach.



"Fuck no! This sausage is never going near that clam cave ever again, of that you can be damn sure!"


"So, what's the big secret?"



"I met someone."



"Okayyy..."



"Ali, she's amazing. No. She's fan-fucking-tastic. I've never met anyone like her. She's everything I've always dreamed of and never knew I wanted at the same time."



Alice stared at me, her mouth hanging open a little. She slowly lowered her cup of coffee and looked up at me.



"Wow, Edward. That's.... wow. I did not expect that. So, who is she? Do I know her? Tell me about her? How long have you been seeing her?"



"Alice! Slow down! Do you even want me to answer, or are you just spewing questions? Damn, woman!"



"Sorry, E. I'm just a little shocked, that's all. I wasn't expecting that to be what you wanted to tell me. Tell me about her. Start with her name."



I fidgeted with my iPhone. I'd been checking Twitter like, every ten seconds just to see of she'd posted anything. I looked down at the screen- and she had.



SwanSong87: Missing someone special. Feels like ages since I held you last. :hugs:



"Edward?"



"Oh, uh, her name is Bella. Bella Swan, and she's.... beautiful."



"Wow. I.... have nothing else to say. I'm speechless. Where did you meet her?"



"At Masen's school..."



"Wait! Swan. Bella Swan? Isn't that Masen's teacher?"



"Yeah, and she tutors him twice a week. We met when I went in for that parent-teacher conference a few weeks back. She and I kinda hit it off right away, I guess, and we've been spending what little time we can together every chance we get."



"So does Masen know about this?"



"No! No one does. Well- now you do, but that's it."



I looked down at the paper napkin I was shredding in my hands. I was surprised by her next line of questioning. I was beginning to feel like I was in front of a fucking firing squad. Hell, that shit might have hurt less than this.



"Is Bella the woman you were accosting against the Porsche the other day?"



I looked Alice right in her beady little troll eyes. I should have known Emmett had run his fucking mouth about that. I wanted to be sure she got this shit straight.



"I was not accosting her, and yes, that was Bella. Alice, Bella isn't just some chick. She's.... well, she's really important to me."



"Edward, don't take this the wrong way, but how important can she be? You just met her! Are you two sleeping together?"



"I don't see where that's any of your damn business, Ali, but no, we aren't. At least not now."



"Not now? But you were?"



My tone was hard, but low when I answered her.



"Alice! You are getting on my last fucking nerve! These ridiculous questions are getting us nowhere. Shut it and listen, I'm only saying this once!"



My sister picked up her coffee and eyed me over the lid as she sipped, probably so she wouldn't be tempted to interrupt. I took a deep breath before I started; partly to calm myself, but mostly so I had enough air to say everything I wanted to in one breath.



"I met Bella in the P/T meeting. I can't explain it, hell, neither of us can, but there was an instant connection. We've been seeing each other ever since. Yes, we have slept together, but we decided to call a sexbargo until we can have a chance to know each other a little better. I can't get her off my mind! I think about her constantly. I worry that she's okay. I wonder what Masen will think when he finds out. I'm scared to death that the bozos who are our family members will scare her off. But most of all... Most of all I'm positive that she'll realize what a fuck up I am and never speak to me again. This woman is special, Alice. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew. Something about her sings to me."



I shook my head at the monologue I'd just spewed at the back table of a Starbucks. Alice's voice was soft and tentative when she spoke. Not the usual overly perky, demanding tone she usually had.



"So, you're like, really into her?"



"Yeah."



"But you barely know her."



"That's not true. It's amazing what you can learn about a person when you aren't thinking of ways to get into their pants every second of the day. It's just all very new, that's all. I want to know everything about this woman; spend every minute I can with her. That's why I'm telling you. Only you, Alice."



"Okay, I get it. This is a secret. I can keep a secret. What? I can! Don't raise your bushy eyebrows at me! Just tell me what you need from me."



"Mostly I need you to keep a lid on this, but I need you to help cover for me, hold Emmett at bay- throw him off the trail if he starts sniffing around and getting nosy. Bella and I want to keep this quiet a little longer, and Em doing his impression of a bloodhound won't help. You are literally the only other person who knows about this, and a lot is at stake if we were to let everyone in on this before we're ready. There are Masen's feelings and Bella's job to consider."



"Oh, God. Could Bella lose her job over this?"



"We're not positive. I would imagine so, though."



My iPhone buzzed just then. It was a text from Bella.



Think we could meet tonight? I miss you... ~B



I started forming a plan to meet with Bella in my mind. Alice broke my concentration.



"Is that Bella?"



"Yeah, she wants to meet tonight. Alice, do you think you could occasionally cover for me so Bella and I could spend some time together? Maybe watch Masen for me?"



She had that "I'm gonna make you squirm, brother" look in her eyes. It worked; I was squirming.



"You mean starting tonight?"



"Uh, that would be great, if you can...."



"Okay, here's the deal.... I'll do everything I can to help you and Bella out. I've never seen you react to someone this way, Edward. If you need me to watch Mini Me for you, I can do that. If you need me to distract our ape of a brother to keep him from sticking his nose up your ass, then I can do that too. I will not lie for you, though, nor will I watch this go on forever. In other words... you have one month, ONE, to come clean to the family and Bella's school. By that I mean that we will have a family dinner where we will all be present, as well as Bella. At some point within that timeframe Bella will have to tell whoever the hell she should tell about this. The longer you two wait, the worse the backlash will be."



"I agree, Ali. It will be worse the longer we wait to tell people. Thanks, sis. I knew you'd understand. I'm a little surprised that you didn't give me a harder time about this, though."



"I'm not a bitch, E, I just like to watch you squirm every now and then;, I am your sister."



"Little sister, in so many ways."



"Alright, watch yourself, prick, or I'll go all 'little sister' on your ass and make you sorry you ever told me this secret of yours."



I held my hands out in front of me. Keeping her at arm’s length.



"Oooh! Okay, okay! I get the point!"



"And just keep in mind that you two crazy ass love birds have one month, then I go to the press with this shit."



I agreed to Alice's terms, the whole time wondering if Bella could even tell her school about us. The Troll agreed to have Masen over for a "sleep over" that night, and I went to Bella's for my own sleep over. It was another evening filled with hushed tones and whispered words of our pasts, sweet kisses, and a bit of heavy petting. Hey, a man can only take so much dirty talk before he needs a little release. Besides, we were well within the terms of the sexbargo. I wondered how much longer we would even need to continue our agreement. That was before Bella woke up that night screaming and panting. And not in a good way.



There is no better feeling than having Bella sleeping in my arms, aside from having Bella naked and sleeping in my arms. I found that I slept better with her snuggled against my body, and I was in the middle of an NC-17 rated dream about the woman pressed to me when I was awakened by her crying out as she shot up out of the bed. At first I thought she was just screaming, but then I realized it was someone's name she kept shouting over and over again. Bella was hysterical; over and over she cried, "Reese! Reese!" I had no clue who the fuck Reese was, but she was obviously upset about them. I reached out and pulled her to me. Her head came down to my chest as my hand tangled in her hair.



"Hey, hey! It's okay, love. It's okay. I'm here, Bella. Shhhh, don't cry. It's okay."


With my free had I rubbed soothing circles on her back just like I would when Masen had a nightmare. Bella calmed a little, but she continued to cry in my arms; her tears soaking my bare chest. After a few minutes I tried to get her to talk about the nightmare.



"Hey, B.... talk to me. What did you dream about?"



She whimpered quietly and sniffled. I could feel her working to control her breathing. I tried to get her to talk again.



"Bella, please talk to me?"



Through ragged breaths and sniffles she finally answered me.



"It was a bad dream, that's all."



"That was no bad dream, B. That was a fucking nightmare, and it's not the first one you've had while I was here. Do you have them often, sweetie?"



"What? I've done this before?"



It was true, more than once I'd woken up to Bella crying in her sleep. Never before had she screamed as she had tonight, but she was definitely having these dreams regularly. I just wasn't sure how regularly she had them and what they were about.



"Yeah, you have; this one has to be the worst by far, but you've been having them for a week or so now."



"I'm sorry."



"Don't apologize, Bella. It's not your fault. Do you want to talk about the dreams?"



She lay silent in my arms, obviously avoiding my question. I decided to take a different approach.



"Tell me about Reese."



It wasn't a question or demand; it was more like a plea.



"I'm not sure that I can, Edward. That's not a part of my life I like to remember. It's too...."



"Too what, Bella? Please tell me."



"Too raw. Too painful. Too...much."



I felt her head move back and forth as she shook it gently. Almost as if she were trying to clear it. It fucking broke my heart that she wouldn't share this part of herself with me. I wouldn't push her, though. We were still very new, and maybe she wasn't comfortable enough to tell me this chapter in her past. I tried to tell myself to not let that bother me. There sure as hell were things that I was holding back from her. My secrets weren't causing night terrors, though. I hoped that she would someday feel safe enough to tell me who Reese was.



"I won't push you to tell me. Just know that I'm here, love, if you ever want to talk about anything. Are you okay? Do you need something?"



"I'm better. I have a bit of a headache. I'll just get some Advil and come back to bed."



She got up and went into the bathroom. A few moments later her tiny, warm frame was next to me again. I felt complete with her snuggled to my side, her head near my heart. My hand slid up and down her back, soothing her to sleep. I relished in the feel of her hair as it fanned out over my arm and chest, how her soft form molded to mine. Being close to her like this made my body respond in ways I couldn't satisfy at this moment. As we lay there I tried to think of what could be the reason for this connection I felt to the beauty in my arms.



Sure she was beautiful, but I had dated beautiful women before. Hell, Jessica was beautiful, but Bella's beauty was natural. She was confident and didn't feel the need to spend hours primping. Jess wasn't in the same fucking league as Bella, but she had been the object of many a college guy’s affections. I wasn't a shallow guy, though, so Bella's beauty wasn't the reason. There was something else. Something more.



Bella was smart and talented. She blew me away each time she sat behind a piano. The other night she had pulled out her guitar. It was fucking magnificent. She must have noticed me coveting her instrument, because she quickly rattled off its stats as only one musician does to another. It was a Steve Wildey hand hewn original "Big Red,” custom made to her specifications. She had named it "Barrett" after the poet Elizabeth Barrett Browning. The name suited it. The blond wood on its face reminded me of Bella's creamy skin tone. The sound hole was surrounded by a beautiful ring of Mother of Pearl. The back and neck were a rare tiger wood, the stripes that marked the wood perfectly aligned at the mid seam. B explained that she had asked Steve to make her one after she'd seen him play at a local music festival and admired his own guitar. After her piano and bike it was her pride possession. She curled up next to me on the couch with the work of art in her hands and began to play. It was a haunting ballad about loving someone when you've refused to love anyone before. It was a Paramore song, The Only Exception. Her voice hung in the air like smoke. It was angelic and soothing. I never wanted her to stop singing. Her hands caressed the strings, and her eyes closed as she focused on the cords and lyrics. I had decided that it was my favorite thing to watch her do. Well, my favorite non-sexual thing. But as much as all this talent endeared her to me, this could not be the sole reason I felt such a strong pull to her.



We shared many of the same interests: bikes, football, the Florida Gators, music, and I'd recently found out that she was a staunch supporter of some of the same organizations I happened to belong to as well. No, it wasn't any of these things either. Something drew me to this woman, but I just didn’t know what that was.



I drifted off to sleep thinking about all the things I loved about Bella, wondering if it wasn't too soon to be connecting what I felt for Bella with "love." I already called her that, and she liked that I did. She'd sent me a tweet that read:



SwanSong87: I love it when you call me "love", but I love it even more when you scream my name.



That woman was going to be the death of me! Well, that woman and this sexbargo combined. I knew that my feelings for Bella were deep. I just wasn't sure I was quite ready to call them "love." It would take more time before I could fucking do that. More time and her opening up more. I vowed I would find out who this "Reese" was and why Bella was having nightmares about them if it was the last thing I did.



~oOo~



Chapter 5 Chapter 7

1 comment:

Meg an Aggie in Frisco said...

Ooo so he has Alice on his side for 30 days. Meg